Congratulations on your recent appointment to the judiciary! Your membership in and support of the Federal Magistrate Judges Association (FMJA) would really mean a lot to us and give us a real boost for the important work we do on behalf of all federal magistrate judges whether full-time, part-time, or retired.
The FMJA has been successful in advancing the interests of its members by:
- Sponsoring the annual legislative committee reception for congressional members in September.
- Working in partnership with the Federal Judges Association and National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges to advance the interests of the judiciary in pay restoration.
- Working to advance the interests of members of the FMJA in improved benefits.
- Improving communication within the organization through the Association’s newsletter.
- Advancing the scholarly work of FMJA members through the online Federal Courts Law Review (www.fclr.org).
- Representing and advancing the interests of the membership at periodic Administrative Office Magistrate Judge Advisory Board meetings and at the annual meeting with the Chief Justice of the United States.
- Advancing the membership’s opposition to the Sunshine in Litigation Act, which proposes that judges conduct an item-by-item review of documents sought to be protected by a protective order.
Please take a few moments now to become a new member of the FMJA. If you have questions about FMJA membership, please feel free to contact Shari Bedker at email@example.com. We thank you for your support of the organization, and we will continue to work hard to advance the interests of our membership.
|Full-Time Magistrate Judges:||$265.00|
|if paid by February 1||$240.00|
|if paid by Direct Deposit||$20.00/month ($240.00)|
|Part-Time Magistrate Judges:|
|if earning ≥$20,000 as a Magistrate Judge||$120.00|
|if paid by February 1||$108.00|
|if paid by Direct Deposit||$9.00/month ($108.00)|
|if earning <$20,000 as a Magistrate Judge||$68.00|
|if paid by February 1||$60.00|
|if paid by Direct Deposit||$5.00/month ($60.00)|
|Retired Magistrate Judge:||$35.00|