Below is a compilation of resources and public announcements to aid our members as they face the challenges related to the Covid-19 pandemic. This information is continually changing so please note that some might already be outdated. Check back frequently for updates.
From AO: http://jnet.ao.dcn/news-events/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance
Federal Judicial Center: Judiciaries Around the World Rally and Innovate to Meet the Challenge of COVID-19
From AO: http://fjc.dcn/forums/magistrate-best-practices
The FMJA encourages its members to visit this link and pose questions and/or comments on that forum under the following categories:
- How are continuances in criminal cases being handled in your district in light of COVID-19?
- Are pre-trial detainees seeking release in your district due to COVID-19?
- Handling criminal hearings remotely
- Magistrate Judge involvement in court governance during the pandemic
- How are civil matters being handled in your district in light of COVID-19?